Opalescence CUstom tray Whitening
At-home whitening gives you a beautiful white smile that you can maintain for years with your custom trays.
These custom trays become the “delivery vehicle” for the teeth whitening gel to be applied to your teeth. The gel itself is a thick, glue-like carbamide peroxide solution that is held suspended against your teeth by the trays. If the trays fit poorly, they will not work properly since the whitening gel will leak out as the saliva leaks in.
- Minimal chair time to make custom-fit trays which fit precisely to your teeth.
- Opalescence tooth whitening gel contains PF (potassium nitrate and fluoride). Potassium nitrate and fluoride work together to reduce sensitivity and strengthen tooth enamel.
Depending on your general level of sensitivity, we will determine your optimal concentration of whitener and the length of time you should whiten daily. Most patients initially whiten for 1-2 weeks. To maintain your whitened smile, it is recommended to whiten 1-2 nights per month going forward.
- Opalescence PF 10% for overnight whitening (patients with existing sensitivity)
- Opalescence PF 15% for overnight whitening (our recommendation for the best results; not recommended for patients with existing sensitivity)
- Opalescence PF 35% for 30 minute whitening (not recommended for patients with existing sensitivity)
Opalescence gels contain an active whitening ingredient (carbamide peroxide) that penetrates your enamel to get to discolored molecules. Oxygen molecules from the whitening agents react with the discolored molecules in your teeth, breaking the bonds that hold them together. The oxygen molecules spread, whitening the entire tooth. As a result, you are left with a brighter, whiter smile.
Are You Ready to Take Your Smile to the Next Level?