Dental Bonding Stoneham MA
Cosmetic & Chipped Tooth Repair
Often used to improve the appearance of your teeth and enhance your smile.
As the name indicates, composite material, either a plastic or resin, is bonded to an existing tooth. Unlike veneers or crowns, composite bonding removes little, if any, of the original tooth.
How does it work?
Bonding is a common solution for:
- Fixing or repairing chipped or cracked teeth
- Reducing unsightly gaps or spaces between teeth
- Hiding discoloration or faded areas on the tooth’s surface
Bonding is a process in which tooth-colored material is applied to tooth surfaces, sculpted into shape, hardened, and polished to match surrounding teeth. With this procedure we can close gaps, repair chipped or fractured teeth, and disguise discolored teeth.
Let Our Experienced Staff Help You Meet Your Smile Goals!
Composite bonding has many advantages:
- It is a quick process, which typically lasts less than one hour.
- It does not reduce the tooth’s original structure and is relatively inexpensive.
- Composite resins come in many different shades and provide better matching of shades to the natural color of your teeth.
- Composite bonds, however, are not as durable and long-lasting as veneers and crowns and may need to be re-touched or replaced in the future.
Bonding usually requires one office visit and no anesthesia. Bonding is the choice of treatment for patients who have minor front tooth imperfections.