Your Child’s First Visit
During your first visit the dentist will:
- Examine your mouth, teeth and gums.
- Evaluate adverse habits like thumb sucking.
- Cleaning and Fluoride Treatment
- Teach you about cleaning your teeth and gums.
- Suggest a schedule for regular dental visits.
After, we will answer any questions or concerns your or your child may have. All in all, the appointment should only take about 40 minutes.
Guidelines for Parents
If it is your child’s first visit with us, please read about what you can expect. Some children may feel uncomfortable in a new environment, which is why we allow you the option to sit with your child during their appointment to help them feel more relaxed. If you would like to accompany your child, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Please allow the doctors to prep your child for treatment before their exam
- Please refrain from negative terminology regarding the dentist and treatment
- Please familiarize your child with our dental terms when discussing their visit
- Please calmly describe to them what they can expect during their first visit. Mask, gloves and the chair they will be sitting in
- Please tell your child we will explain each part of the exam to them prior to it beginning
- Please avoid exposing your child to others who negatively talk about dental experiences or tease your child about their upcoming visit
We appreciate you creating a positive association with the dentist for your child. (This means less hassle for you, Mom and Dad!)
“Zero Cavity Club”
- Every month, every child under 15 years old who had appointments during that month with 0 cavities will have their pictures on our pediatric board in our reception area.
- A winner is randomly selected at the end of the month and receives a $25 Target gift card!
If you have any questions regarding the “Zero Cavity Club” or any questions regarding your child’s appointment, please give us a call at Lund Dental Phone Number 781-438-2700 and we’ll be happy to answer.
The last part of your child’s exam is a visit to the TREASURE CHEST! If no cavities are found, your child becomes a part of that month’s Zero Cavity Club and at the end of the month, we randomly select a winner who will receive a $25 Target gift card and have his or her picture with Drs. William and Cara Lund to be posted on our Facebook page.