Meet Dr. Cara Lund
Cara A. Lund, General Dentist
Member of the Lund Dental Family since: 2003
“I couldn’t ask for a more rewarding job. Nothing makes me happier than to be part of the transformation of a nervous new patient who is anxious to even chat with me in the conference room to a confident, smiling member of the Lund Dental family. I love the intellectual and technical parts of dentistry and being able to apply my skills to make a difference in someone’s life. And, I can truly say my job is fun. Catching up with patients, learning about their lives, and fostering long-term relationships makes each day enjoyable.”
TRAINING, MEMBERSHIPS & HONORS:
- B. A. in Chemical Engineering with Distinction, Yale University, 1997
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude from Harvard School of Dental Medicine, 2003
- Harvard Dental Alumni Association Gold Medal for all-around scholastic excellence
- Harvard’s Alpha Omega Award for the highest scholastic average
- American Academy of Operative Dentistry Award for outstanding achievement in operative dentistry
- American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology Award for exemplary aptitude and achievement in Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology
- Leo Talkov Award for excellence in clinical dentistry
- Waterpik Technologies, Inc. Award for excellence in prosthodontics
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society
- American Dental Association
- Massachusetts Dental Society
- American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine Qualified Dentist
- Certified Invisalign Provider
- Named Top Dentist 2017 by Boston Magazine
After college I moved to New York City and worked as a financial analyst at Goldman Sachs. Within the first year of my job I knew a career in finance would not provide me with the job fulfillment for which I was looking. As a child I always knew how much my father loved his job; he described it as the perfect combination science and engineering, technical skills, and interpersonal interactions. I applied to dental school on gut instinct, and it was the best decision I ever made.
I enjoy visiting local elementary schools during National Children’s Dental Health Month and participating in local community service events. I have visited the Robin Hood School for the past 12 years in a row!
Outside of Lund Dental I am extremely busy with my three children Caroline, Dave Jr., and William (named for my father Dr. William Lund) and my husband Dave. I love arts and crafts, including scrapbooking, sewing, and cake decorating, and spending time with my large extended family in Falmouth on Cape Cod.