Periodontal Services Stoneham MA
- Bone Grafting
- Dental Implants
- Deep Scaling and Root Planing
- Periodontal Maintenance Cleanings
Call Lund Dental Phone Number 781-438-2700 for more information or to schedule a consultation.
What You Need To Know To Keep Your Gums & Smile Healthy
We thank you for your interest in Lund Dental and for taking the extra step to find out more about your oral health. On this page, you will learn more about your gum health and the options available to you for dental implants.
What is Periodontal Disease?
Periodontal means the tissue surrounding your teeth, therefore, your gums. Periodontal disease, or gum disease, is swelling and infection of the bones and ligaments that support your teeth. The majority of patients who come to us with periodontal issues are typically classified as having gum disease. Periodontists specialize in this area and are able to treat every case of gum disease.
Unfortunately, by the time our patients come in, their gum problems have already been an issue for a long period of time.
Common Problems Associated with Gum Disease
- Receding Gum Lines (“long” teeth & exposed roots)
- Discolored or deteriorating tooth structure
- Gum Depressions (holes between the teeth and the gum tissue)
- Infected Gum Line (inflammation and discoloration of the gums)
- Tooth loss or movement
What Are The Cases of Gum Disease?
Refer to the graphic below showing the different stages of gum disease. Remember, every case is treatable, however, we recommend following the instructions below to lower your risk for gum disease and scheduling an appointment as soon as you see any of the common problems listed above.
How To Help Prevent Gum Disease
- Brush your teeth thoroughly at twice a day
- Take your time
- Remove plaque from every surface of every tooth
- If it does not come off easily, it is not plaque, it is tartar
- Use a small-headed, soft toothbrush
- Focus on the gums
- Floss at least 2-3 times per week, once a day is optimal
- You can floss before or after brushing
- Be gentle!